The Barossa German Language Project is concerned with the documentation, maintenance and revival of the German language in South Australia’s Barossa Valley. The German language has a long history in the region. On this website you will find information about the project, current activities, research and historical information regarding German in the region.
The BGLA committee meets once a month after Kaffee und Kuchen in Tanunda. Our current committee members have various connections to German and the Barossa and contribute to organising events and groups and represent the Barossa German Language Association.
- Stefani Traeger, President and Spielgruppe Co-ordinator
- Gerlinde Trappe, Public Officer
- Peter Mickan, Kaffee und Kuchen Co-ordinator
- Christine Leske, Treasurer
- Anne Mckenzie, Editor Das Blatt; website/ Facebook page
- Gundi Tophinke, Adult teacher
- John Clarke, Minute Secretary
- Reto Gasser, Committee Member
- Christine Malone, Committee Member
- Anett Nuttall, Kinder Klub Co-ordinator